Info on Magpie Ducks?

I haven't had any luck crossing mature ducks of different breeds raised separately. They may if raised from babies w each other. But my drake is prejudiced. While none of the magpies mind the one buff duck, the drake won't top her or even flirt w her.

OK from what I've read the male has a curly feather on his back and now I think I have three against two girls n I don't think that is going to work ,any one have couple of magpie females that need to be rehomed.
I would have to get more girls cause the wife is too attached to the whole group to rehome any of them.thanks for the help

I love this site. I got on wondering if the blue and green feathers on my new magpie were normal for a female, or if I had gotten ANOTHER drake. (I have three runner drakes and one khaki drake) I ended up with too many dudes and went to go buy more ladies. Fell in love with a magpie and a Cayuga. Now I have four blue swedes, four Indian runners, four khaki Campbell's, and the Cayuga and magpie. Two of my swedes are laying, one of my khakis just started. I can't wait for the Cayuga, I hear their eggs are black! Anyway. Long rambling post really to just say thanks for easing my mind about the colors on my princess!

Last edited:
. Where did you go to get your new magpies?

From a friend here in Maine. He works with DH and they had several broody ducks hatch clutches that they can't keep. We got really lucky... This friend doesn't actively breed, it just sort of worked out that way this year.

Back
Top Bottom