INFO on the so called Bird Flu "Pandemic"

lol.png

I always have my doubts when the media is involved. Especially when the news has everyone scrambling about in a panic. That's always a clue.

When they had the Govt convinced they should be requiring us to fill the space under our beds with tuna and peanut butter EVERYONE should have figured it out.....

Wait, I think that's about when everyone did, except of course those in government.....

LOL

I'm sure the bird flu exists as a possibility for a pandemic...but I bet we will be all hit with one we aren't even looking at and are completely unprepared for. We are due for a massive flu pandemic, (about 30 year cycles I believe) but I don't think it will be nearly as bad as the one in 1918. The last was in the 1970's? Like "flu vaccines" they just go to rural places in Asia about 6 months before it is available and pump out vaccines with their best guess on which strain will attack here. That's often why we can still get the flu... the flu shot isn't all inclusive. The H5N1 virus though... does have a scary virulence... but as all things can and will mutate. Fancy the virus being able to bypass the action of the vaccine. However, money spent on this type of work has more use to it when to gets down to the basics of how things work vs some of the other government money holes.

Well.

I mistrust Big Medicine and the pharmaceutical industry at *least* as much as any of the rest of ya. And I am certainly not in the slightest impressed by the media's self-interested hype about the whole bird flu thing.

However I was also REALLY not impressed by the essay on the abovementioned link, either. The author badly misrepresented the issue, I feel, by totally ignoring the legitimate concerns that started off the whole rollercoaster ride in the first place. The original 'oh no, what if there's a global bird flu pandemic in humans, could be worse than 1918' business was speculation about what could happen IF, repeat IF, a bird flu strain affecting humans (which does exist) should ever ALSO acquire the ability to spread by airborne means (which has happened with some other diseases, but not at this point to bird flu). Now that WOULD be a serious big ol' problem for us all, if it ever occurred.

Frankly that essay sounded to *me* like just a different person's attempt to pull a different kind of hysterical wool over peoples' eyes. Deliberate omissions and distortions; more self-promotion than legitimately informative
hmm.png

It would be nice to see more sensible BALANCED discussions of this sort of thing, although I can't say I'm really holding my breath.

Pat

One thing people forget with H5N1 and like viruses is that the biggest risk vector is not birds, but pigs. A lot of scare tactics and distortion in the media. But what is new about that?

Back
Top Bottom