Informal Survey - What do you feed and why?

There isn't any fight until someone starts trying to argue. If his post offends you, please feel free to flag the post so moderators can review the post. And then just ignore the post.

I still feel like the poster was just poking a little fun at some fads that our society is participating in.

Quote:
I would love to hear a discussion on fermented verses traditional... but I think the purpose here was just to do an informal survey. I am very interested on what people feed.... and why without side discussion.

And I admit I am guilty of the side discussion... as well... sigh. I apologize to the OP.

deb

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own any hard feathered breeds. So can't comment on that.

I know exactly how much I was spending on chicken feed before I started fermenting my feed. That is how much I know I am saving.

There is less manure to contend with.

My egg production increased. With better quality egg shells. And darker colored yolks.

My hatch rates have improved, with fewer chicks that can't get out of the shells, and less chicks dying before the age of 10 days.

As far as feed analysis goes...... unless you send samples of feed from your bags of feed off to be analysed, you can't be sure you are ACTUALLY feeding what the bag label says you are.

So, with better feed conversion, better hatch rates, increased livability in my chicks, improved egg shell quality, better feather quality AND no over weight hens........ Please clue me in on what vitamin and mineral deficiencies and imbalances I need to be worrying about. I am sure I am not the only one that is interested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom