Information on breed of Audrey and Mabel

rebekah238

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 12, 2014
Australia
Hi Everyone

In follow up to a thread last night that I posted about wanting to know what breed my two 'chickadees' Audrey and Mabel are I have posted a couple more photos to help identify them. My husband and I are first time chicken owners and bought them without any idea of what there were. Any help would be greatly appreciated
yippiechickie.gif

Audrey - Super talkative, very confident and loves a cuddle (she gives a peck if you don't show her love!)

Mabel - Much quieter than Audrey, doesn't like being held but will follow us around the yard, she loves a dust-bath though and has dug massive holes in the garden in a bid to get just he right dirt!

Since we live in Australia does that make a difference as to what bred they could be?? I agree though that Audrey looks like a black sex link
smile.png

Since we live in Australia does that make a difference as to what bred they could be?? I agree though that Audrey looks like a black sex link
smile.png

Definitely. I guess I wasn't paying attention to location. I don't know if you can get Cali Whites, etc. in Australia. But they are a common hybrid chicken, like a Black Sex Link.

Your Mabel is either a hybrid or a mix. She just like my black Australorp X red sex link mixed breed hen:

(Her dad is the BA and mother is the RSL.)
Audrey does looks like a black sex link, but I also have some BAxBSL mixed hens that look like that too.

Back
Top Bottom