Inherited a whole flock of new ducks

Lydia,

The new adults came from a family near Orlando who couldn't keep and wanted the go together. We met them last weekend to pick the crew up and bring them home.

The buffs came from Metzers, the Silver Apple yards were hatched here,

Smooth breasted Sebbies are local, white curly gander came from MA from a BYC'r, Curly grey girl came from Holderreads, 3 new curly splash coming from Pips&Peeps

Calls have been an on going hunt and find to collect the breeders for next year. We hatched over 180 CD eggs this year as well that were bought.

Mandarins (3 new) coming from GA shortly to put with our drake we have already.

Africans are hatchery birds, pair in the photo were bought at a local feed store and hand raised. Very sweet birds so far.

And a partridge in a pear tree
lau.gif

Thank you all, they have blended right in around here. By day two they knew where their nighttime spot was and would go in on their own. They come running each morning when I go out to feed and talk about their morning swim adventures with me. Their feathers just after 1 week of being on our feed schedule look great, even the girl who was molting is looking great.

We had three weeks of way more rain than we needed, it lead to the pasture being flooded, and now loaded with fish and frogs from the canal out back. So the goats are braising the backyard and the geese and ducks are in water heaven.

How much land do you have? You are so lucky.....we have an acre, and wish I had more. I want to add more to my flock, but have realized I am at my limit.....well, that is AFTER my geese in the spring!

Back
Top Bottom