Inheritence of Peach

What a great hypothesis, I hope you get the chance to prove it for yourself one day. i loved reading it. Very informative. makes me want to throw my midnights and purples together or midnights and bronzes, or bronze and purple. If i wasnt so darn impatient. keep up the good work aquaeyes!!!

Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png

I realize that not everyone is familiar with genetics, but I also realize that there are many here on BYC who are. I've seen some very detailed posts that were even more technical than mine posted in the Breeds and Genetics forum. I'm just trying to encourage the same kind of work to be done with peafowl that has been done with many breeds of chicken. The potential for variation is more than just each color and all the patterns.

smile.png

Your Welcome, it was really good, I understood it, .....but couldnt replicate it
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
wouldn't the head have a pattern like the IB hens, only lighter? My cameo hen is much darker than the two seen in the pictures.

Quote:
Only problem is, there are only so many colors on the spectrum. Eventually, you'll run out of possibilities.

I think the next big deal will be when the first truly black peacock hatches.
wink.png

Quote:
Only problem is, there are only so many colors on the spectrum. Eventually, you'll run out of possibilities.

wink.png

A hypo-melanistic peacock
ep.gif

Quote:

wink.png

A hypo-melanistic peacock
ep.gif

I think a Midnight-Bronze-Blackshoulder might look pretty close to black....if someone was willing to try breeding one.

Midnight Blackshoulder X Bronze Blackshoulder = 100% IB Blackshoulder split to Midnight and Bronze (F1)

F1 X F1 =

9/32 IB Blackshoulder (some will be split to Midnight, Bronze, or both, but you couldn't tell by looking)

3/32 Midnight Blackshoulder (2/3 split to Bronze)

3/32 Bronze Blackshoulder (2/3 split to Midnight)

1/32 Midnight Bronze Blackshoulder

smile.png

Quote:
Well, if you were willing to try it, here's how you could proceed once you got your first Midnight Bronze Blackshoulder, using unrelated stock to minimize inbreeding:

Midnight Bronze Blackshoulder X Bronze Blackshoulder = 100% Bronze Blackshoulder split to Midnight (Group A)

Midnight Bronze Blackshoulder X Midnight Blackshoulder = 100% Midnight Blackshoulder split to Bronze (Group B)

Group A X Group B =

1/4 IB Blackshoulder split to Midnight and Bronze

1/4 Bronze Blackshoulder split to Midnight

1/4 Midnight Blackshoulder split to Bronze

1/4 Midnight Bronze Blackshoulder

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom