Injured Buff Hen

ag8chick

Chirping
6 Years
May 18, 2016
Mississippi
Hi, I've noticed the other day one of my hens was constantly on perch. Every time she would get off the roo would chase her right back. These were fall chicks, and have only been laying for a few months. We have 1 roo and 19 hens. There is PLENTY of space per chicken and I have used this site to give them plenty of things so the do not get bored.. Ive also noticed a few hens seem to attack her.
what can I do to help my hen who is injured? And what can I do to prevent this from happening? I've attached pics. THANKS IN ADVANCE! 20210422_150407.jpg 20210422_150400.jpg 20210422_150355.jpg

Poor hen! I would separate her since you have plenty of space, give her food, water, a perch, a nest box ( if she’s still laying; a cardboard box with pine shavings works fine), and some treats now and then. Rinse her wound and put on some Neosporin. Animals are pretty strong so she should do alright. You can give her a buddy that’s lower in pecking order if you are worried she’ll get lonely. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom