• Help to guide me in right direction.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How to cure the chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nancy Smith

In the Brooder
Jan 1, 2018
I have a chicken black and white that is now limping. She has a green line in the higher part of her leg. I know the perch is too high and needs to be lowered does this mean she has hurt it? Does the green mean its bruised or broken? I noticed and have to look again that a couple of my chickens also looks like the toes are turning black is this normal?

Please I need help,
Nancy

I don't have a way to post pictures very well on the internet.

Sounds like a bruise, so yes, possibly she hurt her leg. I would lower the roost asap.
It could be broken. Chickens have a way of trying to hide their injuries. I don't have any experience with broken legs, so I would go to a vet, but maybe someone else can respond with better advice. I would look up the dosage for aspirin for chickens as she is obviously in pain.

Last edited:
I have a chicken black and white that is now limping. She has a green line in the higher part of her leg. I know the perch is too high and needs to be lowered does this mean she has hurt it? Does the green mean its bruised or broken? I noticed and have to look again that a couple of my chickens also looks like the toes are turning black is this normal?

Please I need help,
Nancy

I don't have a way to post pictures very well on the internet.
As for the other chickens, is it freezing there? Sounds like frostbite maybe?

Back
Top Bottom