Jasmineharo

Hatching
Jul 6, 2020
Long story short my parents had 2 chickens and a rooster, they now only have one due to a city code for the rooster and a sickness for the other one. So they were left with only one and it’s Been just the one chicken for about 4 months. They recently were given a month old chick, they figured since the chicken did so good with the other ones they could introduce them fine, however once night time came , the older chicken attacked the new one. From her injuries it looks like she got on top of her and plucked her feathers out. Her head is bald and bleeding along with a bald bleeding spots on each side, it also looks like her claws dug into her sides. How do I treat this?! I am at a loss for words as I was the only one available to care for her till they get home from work. I have rinsed the wounds with baby soap and water , and put peroxide, I have also put diluted tea trea oil where she would let me. Is there anything else I can do to help her?

Attachments

• CAF7FCA2-CC86-4DBF-915E-AA50ED571B6E.jpeg
    CAF7FCA2-CC86-4DBF-915E-AA50ED571B6E.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 7
Make sure she is nice and comfortable and warm. As long as the injuries aren't too deep, she should be able to recover just fine. Is she eating and drinking? You can try putting some electrolytes in her water to boost her strength a little. You can also feed her some egg.

Back
Top Bottom