Injured chicken

How old is she? Has she always been with the others? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Is she holding her neck normally? Mareks and head injuries can be more common in silkies. I would separate her but keep her with the flock inside a dog crate with her own food and water. A chicken sling might be helpful for periods throughout the day.

@Aswilson1989, if she is lethargic then she is most likely suffering.
For now, we need to make her comfy. Take a towel, affix it on something, and then cut leg and poop holes.

Yes she is still eating and drinking and I can defiantly give it a try with the chair. Will that help her be able to walk again maybe?

How old is she? Has she always been with the others? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Is she holding her neck normally? Mareks and head injuries can be more common in silkies. I would separate her but keep her with the flock inside a dog crate with her own food and water. A chicken sling might be helpful for periods throughout the day.
Thanks and she is about 5 months old and has always been with the others. Her head and neck she still has full normal function it’s just her legs. As far as being vaccinated no she was not but would t the other chickens be acting this way also

Back
Top Bottom