injured chicken

ducks_chickens

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2024
i just noticed this today and have no idea what it is heres a picture i have no details

Attachments

• 58030EED-E8AA-448D-A46E-C73E720EFA29.jpeg
    58030EED-E8AA-448D-A46E-C73E720EFA29.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 26
How old is the chicken? Is there a rooster around? Could it have been a hawk or other predator? Can you show a picture of the whole chicken? Is the chicken in shock? Saline or a wound spray like Vetericyn spayed on the wound twice a day, then apply Neosporin triple antibiotic ointment twice a day is good for most wounds. Do not cover it. Separate her in a dog crate with food and water on a clean towel or puppy pad over bedding.

i dont have any roosters and all of her roomates are dead.. i have 2 ducks as well. shes acting completly normal too so im not sure whats wrong and i suppose it could’ve been a predator my duck was just attacked by a raccoon a week or so ago but she is fast so she couldve gotten away from it i suppose but i dont think it was

i dont have any roosters and all of her roomates are dead.. i have 2 ducks as well. shes acting completly normal too so im not sure whats wrong and i suppose it could’ve been a predator my duck was just attacked by a raccoon a week or so ago but she is fast so she couldve gotten away from it i suppose but i dont think it was
Well it wasn't the ducks. You might want to go over your coop for weaknesses.

How many did you lose? What are you doing for the wound? Do you chickens get put up in a locked coop in the evening? Raccoons are common predators that will reach into chicken wire with hands. 1/2 inch hardware cloth over runs and windows is best to keep out predators.

Back
Top Bottom