Injured duck from animal attack, help!

She's beautiful! Sorry for the minks incident. They are a problem here too. Coworker lost a whole flock to them. What can u do for a frostbitten foot?

Wait.... Either that or blow $300 USD on an amputation. I waited and it ended up falling off w/o getting infected. I was so relieved!

It's starting to scab over now. I'm still not convinced she didn't have a thigh fracture too, as shortly after she made a break for freedom and fell 3', but she isn't in pain and it isn't a good place to splint so I'm leaving it as is. Could just be muscle damage from the thigh wound that keeps her from moving it or putting weight on it.

Oh so sad! Sorry!

Was a bummer, I loved them little webbers.... I'm just glad Chrissy made it. She really helped me stop dwelling on the loss of the others.

Hope your girl makes it too... The fact she is eating and drinking makes her odds much higher. Chrissy didn't eat for two weeks after the attack. I had to force feed her.

Re: ovate: That is certainly a thought for the future. As of now she won't put weight on the stump so a fake web wouldn't help any. It just happened at the end of December, so I'm still hoping she'll return to full weight bearing on it.

Thanks for your input and sharing. Really appreciate the advice of someone more experienced. Got to go now....Got to work to pay that vet bill!! Sigh...thanks again!

My baby girl Waffles is 5 weeks old. She just fresh out her brooder. She is loving it. But my someone left my fence open and I let my small dog out front to potty and walked around back. My dog stood still looking at me and I looked in Waffles box she had her back feathers chewed off and two big puncture marks. I brought her up neosporined it jeep her in over night and now she's fine. She bathes eats drinks. Even cleans her wounds. She is a tough bugger. Im also going to get her a water fowl antibiotic shot at Tractor Supply. She is my baby.

Back
Top Bottom