Injured duck PLEASE HELP!!

sophieharkins

Chirping
Jul 8, 2017
1.5 year old Peking duck attacked by dog on the head. Lethargic and having trouble extending neck, but eating and drinking / walking around.
I’ve put her in a covered crate with food and water. I need help. I can’t take her to the vet without my parents money I am 17 and work an 8 dollar an hour job but if I need to take her I will. Can I buy antibiotics at a tractor supply co?? How do I clean the wound without hurting her or stressing her out?????
She’s my favorite thing in the world she has to be ok..please help

Attachments

• 0A061509-5A60-479C-B4D5-FEC6DDA3F285.png
    0A061509-5A60-479C-B4D5-FEC6DDA3F285.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 16
  • F81B8984-C97E-459D-886B-F207F8BAED9E.png
    F81B8984-C97E-459D-886B-F207F8BAED9E.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
1.5 year old Peking duck attacked by dog on the head. Lethargic and having trouble extending neck, but eating and drinking / walking around.
I’ve put her in a covered crate with food and water. I need help. I can’t take her to the vet without my parents money I am 17 and work an 8 dollar an hour job but if I need to take her I will. Can I buy antibiotics at a tractor supply co?? How do I clean the wound without hurting her or stressing her out?????
She’s my favorite thing in the world she has to be ok..please help
I have to go to work until 6 but I will check back then

Start by flushing the wound out with warm saline/salt water. Do you have a children’s medicine syringe you can use to flush it? Then you should be able to see more. I would keep neosporin on it once it’s clean. Keep it clean and I bet she will recover just fine.

Start by flushing the wound out with warm saline/salt water. Do you have a children’s medicine syringe you can use to flush it? Then you should be able to see more. I would keep neosporin on it once it’s clean. Keep it clean and I bet she will recover just fine.
I’ve trimmed some feathers away with cuticle scissors and am trying to clean it with a wash cloth. I’ll try the syringe

If you use neosporin, make sure it is not the pain free or pain relieving one. Use plain old neosporin. And it might be just a scratch if she's eating fine.
I had to straddle fancy with one leg over his back to hold his body while I cleaned up his face with warm water and sloppy warm wash cloth.

Back
Top Bottom