injured duck

A picture would be a good idea. Hard to say what’s normal with healing if you can’t see the injury.

A picture would be a good idea. Hard to say what’s normal with healing if you can’t see the injury.
can you see the picture? it basically looks like he has a mild case of angel wing where he can't keep his wing tucked underneath. he moves it back into place but it falls down, when he goes to flap his wings the wing in question lifts up but he can't extend it to flap

can you see the picture? it basically looks like he has a mild case of angel wing where he can't keep his wing tucked underneath. he moves it back into place but it falls down, when he goes to flap his wings the wing in question lifts up but he can't extend it to flap

Attachments

• IMG_6978.png
    IMG_6978.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
The wing is drooped very slightly, so as I have already mentioned it is most likely not broken. If you would like input on the wound progress you will need to post clear/up-close pictures.

The wing is drooped very slightly, so as I have already mentioned it is most likely not broken. If you would like input on the wound progress you will need to post clear/up-close pictures.
pictures of the injury? im on my old at the moment and he doesn't really like being held, and holding him, getting under his wing, while taking the picture is proving difficult. he seems like he can move it a bit better over the past few days
See to me black doesn't sound good so getting a good close up of the wound will ease your mind and mine.
I've got leucillin spray which is an antiseptic and I spray him twice a day with it to prevent an infection. I'll try to have a look in the morning its just been difficult to have a proper look because im on my own so I haven't got anyone to help me hold him still

That sounds great!! Anytime you need to medicate or treat or just plain examine your duck wrap him in a towel like a burrito that way you have control. Sure make it a lot easier for both of you.

Back
Top Bottom