Injured Duckling

So just a small update.

Chopper did not like the hobble at all, he got depressed and was completely unresponsive with it on. He seems content with his leg as it is though, so I will not try to change it unless it become a danger to his health.

The little buggers also escaped out of their sleeping box last night and ran amok in my room. That is when they discovered the duct tape and taped themselves together! The lost a few baby feathers from that experience, but other than that is fine.

They also seems to have bonded with me quite well, since they will always run to me/hide in my shadow/just onto my lap when a strange person or noise is in the area.

Here is Chopper drinking his water with Franky in the bowl:

Another where the both of them are running around on the grass:

And a last one with them napping on and in front of me:

I am very hopeful for these two! They swim and play and generally seem to enjoy themselves!

So just a small update.

Chopper did not like the hobble at all, he got depressed and was completely unresponsive with it on. He seems content with his leg as it is though, so I will not try to change it unless it become a danger to his health.

The little buggers also escaped out of their sleeping box last night and ran amok in my room. That is when they discovered the duct tape and taped themselves together! The lost a few baby feathers from that experience, but other than that is fine.

They also seems to have bonded with me quite well, since they will always run to me/hide in my shadow/just onto my lap when a strange person or noise is in the area.

Here is Chopper drinking his water with Franky in the bowl:

Another where the both of them are running around on the grass:

And a last one with them napping on and in front of me:

I am very hopeful for these two! They swim and play and generally seem to enjoy themselves!
Aww what precious pics, and if Chopper is happy and doesn't mind his leg then I wouldn't worry about fixing it too much especially if it made him depressed. So he's able to use his leg? And how funny them getting into the duck tape[that's what I call it] that's hilarious good thing it was the Gorilla tape or they be stuck for life man is that some tough stuff. Now about Chopper and Frankie, because of Choppers disability you don't want him flying off so when they get all their feather in usually around 12 weeks maybe sooner with Mallards you are probably going to want to clip one wing on each ot them to keep them in your garden. Think about this, I have a good link that explains how to do it and it is not painful at all for them. I clip my Scovys' one wing to keep them home because we have a river and lot of predators and I don't want them flying off just because they can and something getting them. Please keep us updated on how they are doing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom