Injured Ducko

Brookep2000

Chirping
Jul 2, 2018
My duck was just recently injured and I need help finding out if it's a major problem she was bit under her beak and by the hole for her ear. She was crying and she barely opens her eye and she barely opens her mouth to drink she just dips her beak in her water. She doesnt seem to want to quack and the bite mark under her chin feel kind of deep.
15800020839722878773744529524315.jpg
15800021310933867967403014456837.jpg

You cant see the injury by her ear but its deep within her feathers.

Last edited:
What a sin! It looks like her head got bitten? looks like a puncture wound

It might be best to pluck the feathers away from both wounds, Rinse the wounds out with warm saline and water, And apply a triple antibitoic ointment like polysporin.

Is her eye damaged?
Try and get some pictures of both wounds
Best to keep her in a dark quiet safe place for now, a dog kennel in the bathroom or something

@Miss Lydia am i wrong?

What a sin! It looks like her head got bitten? looks like a puncture wound

It might be best to pluck the feathers away from both wounds, Rinse the wounds out with warm saline and water, And apply a triple antibitoic ointment like polysporin.

Is her eye damaged?
Try and get some pictures of both wounds
Best to keep her in a dark quiet safe place for now, a dog kennel in the bathroom or something

@Miss Lydia am i wrong?
I think she might be joking with me about the pain I put her in a bath to let her soak and see if she drinks and she started to dive and flap around I guess she might have been in shock🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom