Injured leg. Help!

So her limping has gotten bad again. The bottom of the foot looks healed. It has been very cold here the last couple of nights. Do you think its the weather preventing her from getting that leg healthy again or do you think the vet missed getting all the infection and it deep in the foot?

Leg, foot all looks normal no unusual heat or swelling I don’t know other possibly niacin deficiency which can be taken care of with adding liquid b complex daily for a week. Might try some just to see if it helps if so then keep her on it till completely walking normal. Usually if cold is affecting them they will just plop down on their legs and warm them up. Might be a good idea since your not sure what’s going on she be kept where she can’t over use her leg. If it’s an injury they take to heal.

Last edited:
Well I added the b complex and it has warmed up some and she seemed to be going along well today. I'm still trying to keep them either in the coop or in the pen around it for most of the day. Just letting them out for 5 hours or so. Proven to be difficult since they have now figured out then can fly over the pen lol.
Hoping she stays better this time!

Back
Top Bottom