Injured leg

Lnbca

Hatching
Mar 14, 2022
Hello, I’m new to owning chickens. I’ve had my four hens and rooster for almost a year. They are all about 1 year old now. One of my hens started limping last week. She got around fine, but had an obvious limp. She seemed to be getting better, then yesterday she got out of her pen, by jumping the gate (it’s about 4’ high) and when my husband went to put her back in he said she got scared and kind of flew into him, then laid down, he had to carry her. Ever since she has not been able to walk because of her one leg. It’s like she has no feeling in it. (He said when he was trying to get her to go back in she was walking.) When I hold her, it just hangs, and she does not grip on to my fingers. Her wing on the same side seems to be “off” as well. She’s been eating and drinking fine today. I contacted the person I bought my girls and boy from and asked if they were all vaccinated for Marek’s, and she said yes. We have chickens next door, but there’s a fence and a lot of space between our yards and coops/pen. I currently have her blocked off inside of their coop, underneath the nesting boxes. What could I be looking at? Injury? Disease? What should I be doing? She has extra shavings to lay on and a towel. She got a scrambled egg with brewers yeast today as a treat. I’ve been giving her the layer pellets, but with a little water mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom