Injured newborn chick! URGENT!! what to do??

Here is a picture of the other eye

26808_000_0149.jpg

I had a hen, Carrie, that just hatched. when I came home some of her chicks had wondered over to visit another mother, Ella and her week old chicks. The end result was that Ella mutulated one of Carries newborns and the other looked very similar to yours. This just happened tonight . I put antibiotic ointment on it and hope it survives.

Yes, I removed the chick and separated the hens. Took the chick, I called Amazing Gracie in the house and cared for her, treating her wound. It appeared that she was going to make it but then after 2 weeks she became ill and died. It was heartbreaking for me.

i think a chicken may of pecked the eye if this ever happens go to the vet with the rest of the eggs ASAP!
jumpy.gif
then they will take care of it and they will try to make it a happy chick.

I have a chick was was born today. I came home from work and heard it chirping in the coop so I went out to check. This is what I found:

26808_100_2193.jpg

The other eye is injured as well but not nearly this bad. I managed to get it to drink some water but I have no clue what to do about this injury. This was the first of 5 eggs to hatch so now I am worried about the others.
Please help!!
sad.png
The same thing happened to our chick a few days ago, it was about 10 days older then yours but Neosporin has been a life saver, keep an eye out to see if it is scratching at itself because it might have mites, drop food in front of it as its mother would and it you don't see it drinking, it may be scared it will get hurt if it tries to so give it water with a syringe, A HEAT PAD IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Back
Top Bottom