Injured quail - help please!

Just a little update on my injured quail - on Weds (2 days after the injury), all the caked blood came off and she was able to open one eye a little bit. Today, she has opened the other eye a bit as well and I think she can see because she came right over to have a drink when I changed her water this morning. The eyes are still looking sore and she has wounds on her head so I am leaving her where she is until she is completely healed. I am quite nervous about reintroducing her and will do it at a time when I can watch them all and intervene if there is bullying. Thank you everyone for your advice!
Oh also, I haven't seen any signs of aggression among the others so I'm hoping it was a one-off incident. I've added a few more hidey places in their area.

Just a little update on my injured quail - on Weds (2 days after the injury), all the caked blood came off and she was able to open one eye a little bit. Today, she has opened the other eye a bit as well and I think she can see because she came right over to have a drink when I changed her water this morning. The eyes are still looking sore and she has wounds on her head so I am leaving her where she is until she is completely healed. I am quite nervous about reintroducing her and will do it at a time when I can watch them all and intervene if there is bullying. Thank you everyone for your advice!
Oh also, I haven't seen any signs of aggression among the others so I'm hoping it was a one-off incident. I've added a few more hidey places in their area.
Glad to hear she is doing a little bit better, hopefully this is the start of a full recovery. Sounds like a good idea to both keep her seperate for a while longer and to reintroduce her when you can supervise. Let us know how you go!

I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. If you want to make her reintroduction easier, take all of your birds out of their pen, clean and rearrange it, then put all of them back in at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom