Injured/Trauma NEED HELP

rogu789

Hatching
May 13, 2015
We were putting in our chicken today and my five year old daughter took a stick and hit a chicken hard (I don't know where on the chicken). The chicken immediately began to spaz out and fly around all over the place in a crazy manner before it collapsed to the ground. We picked her (the chicken up) and the neck was slightly bent and tried to see if she could walk. She wobbled when she walked and seemed very lethargic. We placed her in the coop and she just stood there and closed her eyes without moving. What should I do? Is the trauma very serious or will it pass?

We had one of our dogs attack one of our chickens almost 2 weeks ago and we took her to the vet. Other than taking the chicken to a vet I can't help, I'm sorry. I feel for you and her
hit.gif

Keep her warm and separate. Provide water and food. If you can get an eyedroper and give her some electrolyte And vitamens without iron. Try to drop into the side of her beak. Good Luck.

Poor baby. Agree with keep her separate and warm and feed her electrolites and soft foods,cat food and plain yogurt have protein which helps with cell building and hence ,muscle growth. If you see a wound, use poultry cleanser (from a feed store, tractor supply exec) then cover with blue note. Please update us on how the poor bird fares.

Back
Top Bottom