Injury after fight

It's just the flash.
Is that just a flash in his eyes or does he have a bit of pus or debris in the eyes?

It's not uncommon for birds that have been fighting to have a bit of pus/foam in the eyes dues to getting dirt/debris on the face, being held down, a kick to the head, etc. Been there done that. Spray out or flush the eyes with saline to remove any dirt and foam. If needed, apply a dot of Terramycin eye ointment or Original Neosporin in the eye. The ointment will help work up any more dirt in the eye so you can rinse it out daily for a few days.

I do think he looks better in the photos, hopefully he is. Vitamins, egg, feed...all of it sounds good.

Do check on the other rooster to make sure he doesn't have some scrapes or cuts that need tending as well.
It's just the flash. His eyes look normal to me but I'll double check later on tonight to be sure. He does seem to be doing a bit better though. I didn't find anything on the wyandotte thankfully.

Slight update. When I went to check on him this evening he was roosting on a push mower. Nice to see his goofy self improve so much so quickly. Thank you azygous and wyorp for your help

20230103_172154.jpg

Figured I'd add another update on him. During the last update he still had a slightly slumped posture and now he doesn't at all. I'm still gonna give it a few more days to be on the safe side.
20230111_171821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom