Injury from a cat. Please help.

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll do my best to heal her up. Not eating or drinking very well though. Slept with her on my chest and wrapped in a towel last night to make sure she stayed warm. (I know pathetic isn't it). Will keep you posted.

Quote:
I think it's lovely that you slept with her like that. It's not the least bit pathetic, it's kind. I am sending good thoughts your way that she will recover.

My Cat Leo caught my little three week old Ida yesterday. Ida is a foster daughter of my Antwerpse baardkriel (small old Belgian breed). Ida is going to be a red layer, if she makes it. I screamed at Leo and he let go of Ida. She had ventured through the fencing to the yard so her mother could not protect her. I caught Ida and she has a some injuries around neck, a puncture wound under wing. I was gone all day today, so since she could not follow her 3 sisters and moma around, I put her in a little rabbit cage in the hen area with food and water. I applied antibiotics and cleaned her some yesterday adn today. I have decided to keep her in the garage tonight, and will probably keep her separate for a few days, trying to get her to eat and drink.
Please keep me posted on how your chick is doing.

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. Busy with my kids (human and feathered ones LOL). Violet as we have named her due to purple on her back from blue cote is doing well. Injected her with tetracycline for 5 days, is eating and back in with her feathered friends. Does act kind of weak on her left side (droopy eye), but otherwise I do believe she is going to make it. How is Ida?

Glad to hear the chick is ok, good luck to both lill chicks
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom