Inner ear infection

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bantamlover23, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    OK I was just diagnosed with an inner ear infection (it hurts) and I am now taking an antibiotic and steriods to clear up my sinuses. Is there anything externally I can do to make it feel better?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never had an inner ear infestion before, but when I get a sore ear. I always put one of those winter headbands on, the heat, seems to make it feel better. With this being said, I never had to go to the doc. for ear probs as an adult. I eat raw garlic anytime, I'm feeling yucky.. It's wortha try a headband like for sking... I never checked to see where you live, if you would have this kind've thing around your house.. I live in Canada..

3. MeatKing

haha my typo is too funny to change... sorry bout that.. I see you live in FL so nut sure if you have a headband for your ears... Maybe try a towel folded? Wrap it around your head, something to hold the heat in? Keep the air out?

4. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I did use a heating pad last night and that did seem to help. In florida it was 96 today so needless to say winter stuff has yet to arrive.

5. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    I get ear infections a lot also. I eat raw garlic and will put garlic olive oil drops in my ear. And take ibuprofen around the clock. It takes about 4 days then I'm better. I hate antibiotics so I get desperate. I've also learned that milk allergies can make you prone to ear infections. So if you get soar ears a lot you probably have a milk intolerance.

6. MeatKing

Anthing you could use to make more perment then a heating bad, an old polor fleece sweeter cut into a long strip then tied? This way you could walk around with it it, sleep with it ect?

7. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Quote:I am 25 and this is my first ear infection.

8. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Have someone blow Cigarette Smoke in your ears. Sounds nuts but it helps mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by