Input wanted for designing run extension

View attachment 1477627 View attachment 1477628 I have the same coop!

I didn’t get the tractor option because I knew I wasn’t going to move it. For a run I used a walk-in covered dog kennel from TSC. Here are some pictures. I have no building abilities, so this worked great for me.

That is so crazy! We were thinking of getting that same kind of kenneling as well since my husband and I are not very handy - did you perchance get it at the place you purchased the coop? They had them for sale at the farm store and we were thinking of going that route too. Great to see it in practice. I like the paver stones around the edge too.

This is what I did but for a backyard flock it's probably not so practical.
IMG_20160216_121353.jpg

205CA3C3-A9B2-44E7-A035-FC28A5C3E32D.jpeg

The coop came from Great Road Farm and Garden (formerly Littleton Agway). Their dog run was quite a bit more expensive than TSC, so I went to TSC. It’s worked out great so far! I love this coop, but 4 nesting boxes are a waste of space IMO. I made a feeder with PVC elbow and a plastic jug that fits perfectly in one of the boxes. Also, the nesting box lid doesn’t have a latch to keep it closed. I added my own for more security.

It really is a great, solid coop. Super easy to keep clean. I also got my chicks from GRF&G. They have a few employees that really know chickens!

Good luck with your girls!

View attachment 1477627 View attachment 1477628 I have the same coop! I didn’t get the tractor option because I knew I wasn’t going to move it. For a run I used a walk-in covered dog kennel from TSC. Here are some pictures. I have no building abilities, so this worked great for me.
Not sure that tarp roof will hold up to much snow load.
Will you put up some snow and wind blocks on the run walls for winter?

Snow load(and access) is a serious consideration, plan well to avoid collapse, BTDT.

View attachment 1477694

The coop came from Great Road Farm and Garden (formerly Littleton Agway). Their dog run was quite a bit more expensive than TSC, so I went to TSC. It’s worked out great so far! I love this coop, but 4 nesting boxes are a waste of space IMO. I made a feeder with PVC elbow and a plastic jug that fits perfectly in one of the boxes. Also, the nesting box lid doesn’t have a latch to keep it closed. I added my own for more security.

It really is a great, solid coop. Super easy to keep clean. I also got my chicks from GRF&G. They have a few employees that really know chickens!

Good luck with your girls!

SAME! Do you mind if I ask what dimensions you did for your run through TSC? We added a latch as well and put a little extra hardware cloth places bc I'm paranoid. They have been super helpful! Such a great resource close by.

E94A9183-3E3C-4D8F-BD3E-0631D1188A73.jpeg
SAME! Do you mind if I ask what dimensions you did for your run through TSC? We added a latch as well and put a little extra hardware cloth places bc I'm paranoid. They have been super helpful! Such a great resource close by.
The display run at TSC in Leominster has been outside in their yard through 3 NE winters. I hope to get one winter out of it, but will have a happy dance if I get 3. If I had a zillion dollars and a carpenter on call, I’d do better. But I don’t have either. And if I waited to get either, I’d never have chickens.

Edited to say 5x10! Sorry

Back
Top Bottom