Inside or outside??

grammychick

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 30, 2015
I have Seramas and Silkies outside but weather in southwest PA is cold. Highs in low 20s and single digits overnight. Their coop has a heat panel. Don’t know if I should be bringing them in or if they’ll be ok staying out. Don’t want them to get used to warm basement and go into “shock” when I return them outside. Have to decide if it’s too cold for them outside…

I have Seramas and Silkies outside but weather in southwest PA is cold. Highs in low 20s and single digits overnight. Their coop has a heat panel. Don’t know if I should be bringing them in or if they’ll be ok staying out. Don’t want them to get used to warm basement and go into “shock” when I return them outside. Have to decide if it’s too cold for them outside…
I raise serama. The easiest way to know is simply look at the birds just before dark. If they look overly stressed, then they need help. I have mine outside with a heat lamp to warm the coop. There has been no indication of a problem. If yours has drinking water that freezes you might have to be concerned about whether it's too cold for the birds. If the water does not freeze, they are likely fine.

Back
Top Bottom