Inside quail…

Gorgeous, I say keep inside, u can always bring a male around if she needs or wants it or every so often abother hen that's nice to her, and long as u give them company, or u can just keep hen with her all the time in the cage , lots of options, good luck
Thanks! She’s just such a sweet and patient quail! It’s so unusual 😍

I have several that live alone (separate cage but they can still hear the others. Some because they're male, and one for a while because she would just kill any other females I put in with her.

Are her toes bleeding or are they just losing the toenails
The tips were bleeding…which was why I felt bad. I think it ripped away a bit of her toe skin. I found the culprit in the coop, under the waterer it gets just wet enough to make the ground a poop/dirt cement mix. I will be changing that!

The tips were bleeding…which was why I felt bad. I think it ripped away a bit of her toe skin. I found the culprit in the coop, under the waterer it gets just wet enough to make the ground a poop/dirt cement mix. I will be changing that!
I would keep her separate until they heal over. Quail can be pretty savage after all

Back
Top Bottom