Inside the coop contest-And the WINNER is......

AK_Button_Mama

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
*This contest is for Photos of the inside of coops

*The contest pictures will be judged on Pic quality, and description of the coop. Also details inside the coop will be a major scoring point. I

*PLEASE, the more description the better. I need ideas for my coop which has to be built by friday 1/16/2009 at 4pm

*The prize will be a hand knitted item made by me specifically for you in your favorite color/s (winner to PM me with measurements and colors. must understand it will take me about 2 weeks to get the item finished and shipped out to you so you must agree to that to enter the contest!)

**I will be the main judge with the final answer but I need the help of 2 more judges (no fussing over the best picture or judging rights will be taken).

**PM me if you would like to be a judge**
***Let's all have fun with this contest***

>>>>>Contest Ends on 1-19-09 @ NOON my time in alaska -will post when contest is closed!<<<<<

So far here are the judges
1)myself --- ak-button-mama
2) envirogirl12
3)

I will add a photo of some of my knited items asap!
this is the most recently finished "gift" I made. It is 100 baby alpace fur and I will probably make a similar item for who ever wins this contest. I will just get your fav color. good luck to all!!!
DSC04145.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun contest!!!
i would like to introduce my easy and simple coop design:
first the outside
animals023.jpg

these are the best shots i could get of the inside:
animals050.jpg

animals025.jpg

The coop is like 8' by 11' or so and about 15 inches or so off the ground. all i had to use to make this coop is wood, tin, metal, and of coarse tools and etc. inside there are 8 nest box, 1 roost, 2 windows that can open and close thanks to my dad
wink.png
insulated walls and ceiling, light for the winter, and a fan for the summer, and a nice little window that the chickens can look out when they are laying an egg. My chickens love there coop and spend a lot of there time inside it took us about 1 week or less to build and we just used stuff lying around the farm it was very affordable. and good luck with your coop!
~Bri

ooh..hand knitted item!....
ya.gif
...i'm in!

okay, here is the outside of my coop showing the run also....

10638_2008_08310036.jpg

and here is the inside...the back wall shows the roosts with the dropping boards below them (love the dropping boards!...they help SO much in keeping the coop clean!) with the ladder for them to climb up and down. and on the side wall are the nest boxes.

10638_2008_08150044.jpg

Quote:
thanks..its actually a parrot ladder....and yes, some do use it..and others just fly up....
smile.png

Also I am really looking for ideas for a room type set up... does any one have a coop room? I am looking to turn a portion of my barn into a indoor coop..... I was thinking of basically building a room in the barn and then using chicken wire I would close it in....and I want to include some of the ideas that I get from you guys!!! I will make sure to photo graph it for you guys!

Quote:
So what is your nest boxes made from?

hI!...The nest boxes are storage cubicles with doors on them...i used the doors in the beginning...because i didnt want them to start sleeping in the boxes...but now that they are older..i have removed the doors.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom