installed my a/c.....for my eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Jun 9, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    We are having such hot and humid weather in the northeast. Dh is out of town and was going to install the a/c's when he got back. My bator was going crazy, so I got sick of it and installed the a/c myself [​IMG] . Now I gotta decide if I should install the other 4 [​IMG] . At least the eggs are good! The kids are ready to camp out in the room with the bator.
    Krista

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I think is is terribly hot everywhere. My hubby even mentioned to me yesterday that we might look for a a/c to go in the coop for the chickens. It has been so hot here. I hasn't been this hot in a while. We have a window fan in the coop but with the humidity, it doesn't do much good but it does keep the air moving.

3. rroven

rroven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    lexington, SC
    I just moved week old chicks out to the brooder. In the high 90's here and the humidity is at least 80%. DH put a fan in there that sucks the hot air out. Temps on the floor are 90 which I think is ok. They don't seem to be panting or anything. Funny, we thought about having to put A/C in there too, may still have to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by