1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Instant Mashed Potatoes

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by TexasLady, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TexasLady

TexasLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Has anyone fed these to chickens? If I have bugs in mine, are they safe to feed dry or do I need to mix bugs and potatoes up first, then feed them? If you've fed them dry, please let me know . I don't want to make my chickens sick or die.

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    I doubt that the chickens would eat the mashed potatoes unless they were reconstituted first. My chickens won't eat powdery items such as the powder left from crumbles feed. Once the potatoes were reconstituted, there would be something for the chickens to pick up and eat.

My chickens like mashed potatoes, but we don' t make them from instant. Instant and fresh both make a product of the same consistency, so the chickens shouldn't care.

Chris

3. TexasLady

TexasLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure what to do. I was concerned it might make them sick if they ate it, but if they don't eat it, then I can just reconstitute it so they will. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by