Instant quail house

magikchick

~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
SW Florida
I got this idea this morning. I was going to buy some rabbit houses for my quail but as I was making coffee an idea came to me. I took my empty 1lb Maxwell House coffee container and cut a hole in the lid. Lay it on it's side and you have a quail condo. I can attach it by wiring the handle to pen so it don't move. Throw a little hay in and there you go.

What do you think? And I'm recycleing.
thumbsup.gif

I've done that, but my buttons don't like it. They don't like any sort of box, igloo, and other little hiding places. Its weird, I thought they liked to have hiding spots?

I love to "recycle" stuff. All my cages and pens are mostly freebie materials I have rescued from going into the landfill. Maybe we should have a complete forum of objects we have made for our birds from rescued materials.

Doug

Last edited:
awesome idea!!! Now if only i drank coffee
lau.gif

no matter, I have litter containers I could make something cute out of. My one coturnix hen is hinting at broodiness in the rabbit hutch made a lil impression and I'm planning on here soon putting dried grass in there for her, and once I get all my testers out of the way letting her lay as many eggs in there as she wants and see if she will sit them
fl.gif
they really seem to like the confined hidey-holes so a coffee can would probably make them pretty happy least it would mine
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom