Instead of BUILDING a duck house, shoulda bought one of these

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
We were looking in our paper today and Lifetime Products is having a sale on sheds, and they have one that is 8 ft x 15 ft on sale for $1398, regularly $1548. The best part is the whole thing is plastic. Wish I had the money to buy one...would have been a lot easier and faster to buy one of these babies than building the one he has been working on. http://www.lifetime.com/storage/outdoor-storage-buildings/15-foot-wide-garden-buildings

Whoa! Those are NICE. And you probably don't even need the $1500 type. I saw one at Home Depot a while back that I'm coveting for my goats, and it was only $800 with windows all around the top for light and air. Right now, the goats live in an ancient metal shed that is falling apart. I will need something new eventually because there's no way to tell how long it will last with the beating it takes from them daily. But I'm having a hard time justifying shelling out the $800...

We had one of those because my mom wanted a gardening shed to put her stuff in. We had a 20+ mph wind gust come thorough and took the thing into the air and it landed in the neighbors yard.
It was even staked to the ground! It was almost like a giant balloon floating in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an 8x12 of those shipped to Kodiak, AK 3 years ago so I could get DH's motorcycle out of my dining room. It arrived while he was underway and I had the site prepped while waiting for delivery and had it put together in a day. When we moved 2 years later, we sold it and helped some guy load it onto a trailer, still together, to get it to his house a few blocks away.
I strapped it down and it withstood hurricane strength wind gusts during our winter storms.
They make them bigger/smaller and you can buy extension kits.

There are several places that sell them with free shipping in the US (and by US, they mean the lower 48)

Last edited:
Quote:
Now THAT is funny!

Yeah, I know they are pretty pricey, but I bet lots of people on here have spent at least that much if not more. The one my hubby is building right now is not NEAR that expensive, but I would ALMOST think that it would be worth the money to have it instantly, plus not even close to the labor it takes to build one. I wish we could get one.

That is crazy that the wind took one that was even staked down!!! Crazy stuff!

I dunno though, being plastic it doesn't breath.. yeah i know it has windows/vents etc but i am not a fan personally of plastic especially for livestock.
idunno.gif

I DID wonder about it being plastic. I was more worried about the flooring and the mud hole you would have washing it out...UNLESS you take the floor off and use pea gravel and sand. But....I did wonder about that part.

Quote:
That is an area of concern to, i just know my 1/2 dozen ducks create a lot of warmth.. we have a wood barn that there kept in.. i cannot imagine how they'd heat up a plastic building.

Back
Top Bottom