Instuments anybody???

The cheapest one at the other music store is $149.99 but I won't link bc it's a local store.
My piano teacher also teaches guitar, that's too cheap to be a good base model. You might look on craigs list, or first go to a music store and try a few, let them tell you a few things about good guitars. You may also find something good online at austin bazaar (website with that name). it's a real musical instrument store with brick/mortar and online. I got my electric piano from them. I think they'll have decent sales people if you call them.

if you get one used, make sure you know how to tell if the neck isn't warped, for starters.
good luck!

I'd like to start playing acoustic guitar. I have to work up some money, though. Should I buy one or rent one? Does anyone have any good entry level guitars you'd recommend?
I answered someone else with a similar question in this thread, not specific model but some basics in looking, and a possible online store (austin bazzar). best of luck!

I played clarinet and flute in school, a little alto sax in college (not my instrument!).
Then learned guitar as an adult and played in a music store's band with that.
Finally learning piano. Had 14 lessons and was picking up really well, had to move (so lost the teacher). Now I'm practicing and not quite back to where I was. Working back up to Sounds of Silence, then will look at an easy verson of Bridge over Troubled Water.

I played clarinet and flute in school, a little alto sax in college (not my instrument!).
Then learned guitar as an adult and played in a music store's band with that.
Finally learning piano. Had 14 lessons and was picking up really well, had to move (so lost the teacher). Now I'm practicing and not quite back to where I was. Working back up to Sounds of Silence, then will look at an easy verson of Bridge over Troubled Water.
That's awesome! Impressive how you've learned so many instruments! I'm wanting to learn how to play River flows in you, piano, soon, have you ever played that??

I'm planning on teaching myself through youtube/the internet because lessons are expensive and time consuming and youtube is just as helpful. I didn't ask for one for Christmas because my main objectives are more pets (more chickens and betta fish or hermit crab) so I'm going to save money. I'll check out rentals in my area.
More pets are always good :lol: Unfortunately I don't think I personally could handle many more. Self teaching is good, that's how I'm learning ukulele, I'm also self teaching myself dance and gymnastics right now.

I'd like to start playing acoustic guitar. I have to work up some money, though. Should I buy one or rent one? Does anyone have any good entry level guitars you'd recommend?
Buy or rent, this depends on what kind of person you are. Are you a procrastinator?
If you are a procrastinator, it may be a better idea to rent. It may force you to learn to play.
If you buy, you may not learn and keep putting off learning.
You could always buy a guitar after renting. Maybe a Christmas present (if you celebrate Christmas) or a birthday present could be a month or two of guitar renting.

I forgot to update you guys........but I was able to borrow a guitar from my school! It was in storage.
IMG-2374.jpg

I've been using my piano to tune it because I don't have a tuner. I'm using this guy's beginner guitar lessons, and last night I learned how to play an E minor chord and an A suspended 2 chord.

Back
Top Bottom