Insulation question

abigailb

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2020
New Hampshire
We would like to insulate the interior of our pre-fab coop. I was thinking of thin foam board covered with luan to prevent the chickens from eating it. I don't have a lot of space to work with in terms of thickness, so just looking for a thin layer to cover gaps and provide some temp regulation. In searching for foam board, I discovered this product, I think designed for sound proofing. Would it be a good option? The coop does have ventilation, obv I won't cover that up.
Faced Fiberboard Insulation
Thank you!

We would like to insulate the interior of our pre-fab coop. I was thinking of thin foam board covered with luan to prevent the chickens from eating it. I don't have a lot of space to work with in terms of thickness, so just looking for a thin layer to cover gaps and provide some temp regulation. In searching for foam board, I discovered this product, I think designed for sound proofing. Would it be a good option? The coop does have ventilation, obv I won't cover that up.
Faced Fiberboard Insulation
Thank you!
I can't see a problem with the first option provided you can keep it dry.
I can't access the second link.
I think with all insulation types and this includes composite boards, it's keeping the chickens from pecking and eating bits on one side and stopping damp from effecting it on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom