Integrating a New Duck

:frow...........You should be careful about integrating a duckling that size.... there should be a few weeks so the can see and hear each other but can't touch before actually putting them together......... if you put them together right away you're bound to end up with either a dead duckling or a severely injured one.....not good. Let them get used to each other first.... then take them out in short bits with each other.

:frow...........You should be careful about integrating a duckling that size.... there should be a few weeks so the can see and hear each other but can't touch before actually putting them together......... if you put them together right away you're bound to end up with either a dead duckling or a severely injured one.....not good. Let them get used to each other first.... then take them out in short bits with each other.
I've had success integrating chickens of slightly different sizes so I wanted to give it a VERY CLOSELY SUPERVISED shot, and it didn't work so I separated them immediatly. I didn't already have accommodations for her before I brought her home because the guy told me she was the same size as mine before I drive 2 hours to get her. Once I was there and held her, I was like "Well...no turning back now" so I brought her home anyways. Now they're on see-dont-touch time. The guineas and turkeys are her size though and they integrated quite well immediatly, so that's one good thing. I was really hoping to buy my khaki a mate tho...

When I had ducklings of a couple weeks in age difference I made a divider so they could live side by side and see each other for a while I had a piece of hardware cloth I wrapped the edges in gorilla tape it worked perfect they lived like this for a couple days then I started putting them together took less than a week to fully integrate.

When I had ducklings of a couple weeks in age difference I made a divider so they could live side by side and see each other for a while I had a piece of hardware cloth I wrapped the edges in gorilla tape it worked perfect they lived like this for a couple days then I started putting them together took less than a week to fully integrate.
I will try that, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom