Integrating Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chunt, Dec 8, 2012.

1. chunt

chunt New Egg

Dec 8, 2012
    I am buying 2 new chickens to add to my 10 month old flock. How is the best way to integrate them so that they all get along? My coop is a pretty good size, with a large outdoor run.

Also, is this the way that you post questions on this site, or is there another place to post questions where people will see them?

2. FitzD

FitzD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2012
    Chicago
    1 person likes this.
  3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] The site has different sections for different chicken related questions and discussions. Over time as you've worked your way around the site you will figure out where to ask which question, unless it's obvious, like questions about incubation will go under Incubating and Hatching Eggs and questions about a sick hen would go under Emergencies and Diseases. Your question falls under Managing your flock. [​IMG]
    Check the link FitzD posted about integration, it'll give you some good advice and remember to quarantine your new birds for the first few weeks!

Enjoy the site!

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, chunt, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! I think FitzD and sumi have given you some great advice. Best of luck with your flock!

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

If you click the Forum tab above it will give you a drop-down menu listing all the sections of the forum.

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by