Integrating in the Brooder

tcmstalcup

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
Texas
Wanted to share my experience as there have been lots of questions lately. I bought 3 BO's and 2 Production Reds 10 days ago. My mom brought us 5 EE babies yesterday. With much trepidation I put them all in the brooder together. They are exactly 11 days apart on hatch dates. My first five seemed so BIG compared to the new guys. Weelll....... no worries. The little guys are not only unintimidated by the big guys but seem to think they are in charge. Everybody is eating, drinking pooping and napping together in a 2ft x 4ft stock tank in the dining room.

That's good to know! I haven't had that happen yet, but I'm sure it will one day. Thanks for sharing your experience with us all!

Sharon

As Jeff Foxworthy might say...."If you have a stock tank in your dining room.......well you just might be a.......

Or for me personally, he would say, If you have a chick room in your basement, then you just might be a .......LOL

And, TCM, if it weren't for my little dog, Cosmo, who would jump into the stock tank and eat all the chicks, then I I would have my chicks in the dining room too! LOL

wink.png

LOL. Not only do I have a stock tank in the dining room.....It has a piece of welded wire horse panel on top to keep the cat and puppy at bay. Also in the dining room is the baby cottontails I am raising for rerelease in a cat crate and about 80 tomato,eggplant and pepper plants under plant lights. We are a red neck joke!! We won't even talk about critters in the rest of the house but if you need to use the restroom, please don't let the owl out.

Last edited:
OMG! You are amazing and I LOVE IT!
big_smile.png
My kinda people!
big_smile.png
I was afraid I'd offend, so I didn't want to actually say "Redneck" but I am one myself! LOL

Nice meeting you, and I love your sense of humor! Very refreshing!

Sharon

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a variety of "stuff" in my house
smile.png

And I mixed 2 newly hatched with my group of one-week olds last night and they are all getting along.

Back
Top Bottom