Integration questions

Thank you. I wondered about the space as well. My Dominique mostly leaves them alone, it is the RIR and Australorp that are being nasty. The Australorp was at the bottom of the pecking order and I think she is relishing the opportunity to have someone to pick on and the RIR is....well, a RIR. It's good to hear that they're not necessarily be doomed to a life of skittishness. I would tack up a temporary fence in a heartbeat but my neighbors have a big dog that constantly gets out (drives me NUTS) and I'm sure it could run through a temporary fence in an instant. Too risky. Everything will be a little easier here in a few weeks when our privacy fence is up but it isn't an option at the moment. 

Interestingly, right after I had updated this post I went down there and the pullets were laying in a pile at the back of the run which is as calm as I've seen them in weeks. I'll take it :)

This is a common observation.

Thank you. I wondered about the space as well. My Dominique mostly leaves them alone, it is the RIR and Australorp that are being nasty. The Australorp was at the bottom of the pecking order and I think she is relishing the opportunity to have someone to pick on and the RIR is....well, a RIR. It's good to hear that they're not necessarily be doomed to a life of skittishness. I would tack up a temporary fence in a heartbeat but my neighbors have a big dog that constantly gets out (drives me NUTS) and I'm sure it could run through a temporary fence in an instant. Too risky. Everything will be a little easier here in a few weeks when our privacy fence is up but it isn't an option at the moment.

Interestingly, right after I had updated this post I went down there and the pullets were laying in a pile at the back of the run which is as calm as I've seen them in weeks. I'll take it :)
Indeed ....always makes me think, 'the $hit rolls downhill' ...haha!....and the bullied are often the worst bullies.

Good sign that they are relaxed, they got this.

Back
Top Bottom