Interested in partridges, newbie questions

Drache

Songster
May 1, 2013
Houston, TX
Hi all,

I am starting with my first chickens next month but am already planning ahead for the next couple of years. If everything goes well with the chickens I intend to branch out into some other types of fowl, including partridge. There seems to be several varieties available so,

1. Do partridges get along with chickens or will they need to be in a separate pen?
2. Are partridges loud?
3. Which species would you recommend for a beginner? I am not looking for high-production birds
4. Any special care requirements I should take into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I am starting with my first chickens next month but am already planning ahead for the next couple of years. If everything goes well with the chickens I intend to branch out into some other types of fowl, including partridge. There seems to be several varieties available so,

1. Do partridges get along with chickens or will they need to be in a separate pen?
2. Are partridges loud?
3. Which species would you recommend for a beginner? I am not looking for high-production birds
4. Any special care requirements I should take into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

1. No , yes
2.They can be when they get bored
3. Chukars
4. they are meaner then snot they will hurt each other, before spring gets here in full force pair your birds off other wise the dead ones are the weaker males

http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/pdf/21321e.pdf

this is a good start the larger you can make your pens the happier the birds will be the pen dimentions they give are on the samll side if you halve the number of bird they give it is about right

1. No , yes
2.They can be when they get bored
3. Chukars
4. they are meaner then snot they will hurt each other, before spring gets here in full force pair your birds off other wise the dead ones are the weaker males

http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/pdf/21321e.pdf

this is a good start the larger you can make your pens the happier the birds will be the pen dimentions they give are on the samll side if you halve the number of bird they give it is about right

X2
In N.H.,Tony.

Hi Tony
Was wondering when the last time you heard about vito was still selling mountain quail? I was going to call him today because i want to buy a trio ,but i thought after i talked to you someone said he was done selling them, this was like a year ago. also how many eggs will my impeyans lay the first season? I may just sell the eggs. Thanks again Doug

Hi Tony
Was wondering when the last time you heard about vito was still selling mountain quail? I was going to call him today because i want to buy a trio ,but i thought after i talked to you someone said he was done selling them, this was like a year ago. also how many eggs will my impeyans lay the first season? I may just sell the eggs. Thanks again Doug

PM sent.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom