interested in Red jungle fowl

My barn is in the woods and has roosting bars up in the rafters. so I nailed slippery plastic all around the onside the open barn. My idea is utilized the chickens roosting behavior by having them roost on predator proof bars. The chickens will have free will to come and go as they please. I have been trapping sense I moved out here I have been use ing the animals I catch to rebat my traps.
I free range birds year round and have hens hatch eggs in the woods. I like to watch the birds natural instincts too. As long as you stay on top of trapping the predators you’re losses will be minimal. I have over 70 loose birds right now that sleep in the trees every night.

I free range birds year round and have hens hatch eggs in the woods. I like to watch the birds natural instincts too. As long as you stay on top of trapping the predators you’re losses will be minimal. I have over 70 loose birds right now that sleep in the trees every night.
That sounds so awesome I would love to see that. What breed strain do you use?

That would be great if I could have them sleep in the trees the more wild the better.

That would be great if I could have them sleep in the trees the more wild the better.
05CFA421-BD24-4305-9427-C5C6C29C060E.jpeg

Nice picture. Do you recommend I use the red jungle fowl (game fowl) from cackle hatcherys stock. The reason why I tried staying away from hatcherys is because I have heard that there stock is not vary pure. But from what ppl have been telling me you don't really want pure stock. So do you think cackles stock is wild enough?

There are also laws against releasing non native species into the wild. Maybe you should take up birdwatching, it sounds like you have a great area to observe native wild animals.
Yes I'm a bird watcher and I have blue bird houses all over my property. Also there is very little chance that the chickens are going to create a feral population because of winter. And they need some one to trap the predators, so they won't spread out to far.

Nice picture. Do you recommend I use the red jungle fowl (game fowl) from cackle hatcherys stock. The reason why I tried staying away from hatcherys is because I have heard that there stock is not vary pure. But from what ppl have been telling me you don't really want pure stock. So do you think cackles stock is wild enough?
If I were you I would probably get actual gamefowl. Cackle sells Standard OE Gamefowl which would probably work out well for what you want if you’re wanting to buy from a hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom