Interesting article on clover

big_smile.png
Thanks for the read - I bookmarked it. Our chickens are free range and the majority of our property is clover, clover, and more clover. Our chickens LOVE it and these areas are their favorites. When will people wise up and go back to a more natural way of doing things? You are what you eat!

I have been thinking about overseeding my lawn with white clover. My ducks forage on it every day. This could be good for two reasons....one...more snacks for the ducks...two...less mowing
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My chickens are so into clover that they've got a routine with the bees - they move on when they spot a bee and then come back to chow when the bee leaves. Ahhh peace and harmony between bee and chicken....

I always pick clover for my girls, since they are afraid of the 'big yard'. They love it and cluck happily whenever I bring it.

Great article! I will be picking handfuls tomorrow for the chooks, and conspiring as to where I can grow some to have available most of the year! If I can get a chook tractor built soon, they can range on the clover-patched lawn, too!

Quote:
Thanks for posting this! My kids built a chicky-play-pen that they put the "kids" in out in the yard. Now I can show them the clover patches and let them know they are safe treats.

Now EVERBODIES happy!!! Yeah!!!

Michelle

Great article! I pick clover and dandelion leaves and dry them out for winter treats. They also get to enjoy the bounty now!
Thanks for posting!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom