Interesting Evening...

turney31

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
palestine texas
Allow me to set the stage and cast of characters
big_smile.png
I have a small fenced area off of my backdoor. I have a Doggie door. I live in a trailer house with a bedroom on each end. My bathroom has a large garden tub. It is about 9:30 ish. I am in the kitchen and DH is laying in bed watching T.V.

Belle- 30lb Beagle Who picked Baby Kitty out of a litter of kittens. Would go get the kitten out of her bed and bring her to the living room to play with her. Same calico kitty everytime. We had no choice but to keep Belle's kitten. This was about 4 years ago.

Baby Kitty- Black, orange and white calico cat who has an unusually close bond with a beagle dog. Allows DH and I to live with her. Graces us with her presence. You know the kind...

Grown Swamp Rabbit
hmm.png

Dh was laying in bed propped up watching T.V. when out of the corner of his eye, he sees something move into his field of vision. What the heck? All of a sudden Belle shoots across the room after the interloper.....a large swamp rabbit
ep.gif
Dh and Belle are in hot pursuit. It lands in said garden tub. DH calls me in to see what it is. I round the corner to see Baby Kitty looking rather put out, fuzzed up, hair all standing on end. Who is messing with my Beagle? Then There was a flurry and explosion of baying and toenails scraping on the floor and the rabbit went back in our bedroom around the bed then down the hallway, squeezed through the baby gate, jumped on a chair, slid across the dining room table landing on the floor, heading toward the bedroom on the other end of the house.
pop.gif
It settled in a box. I gloved up and retrieved scared rabbit and turned it loose outside.

I guess the rabbit squeezed in the back yard fence.
idunno.gif
I am guessing the beagle brought it through the doggie door.
rant.gif

Well thats our exciting evening on the Swampy Duece.....
th.gif

Swamp rabbit? Never heard of a swamp rabbit - I am now picturing a soft, fluffy aligator or something similar.

*off to research swamp rabbits....*

Aww, they're cute.

You have an exciting life. Rabbit hunts in the comfort of your own air conditioned home. What's next - fox hunts down the hallway? lolAt least we know why you have/need a beagle - to protect you from the rabbit that attacked Jimmy Carter.

smile.png

Last edited:
lol.png
reminds me of the time my then 3 year old daughter let Mr. And Mrs. Obwa (she called squirrels obwas) inside because the looked cold outside. I had a cat and a wolf hybrid inside. Oh the fun. Oh the destruction!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom