Interesting, Kind of funny day around the coop

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenmommy1, Apr 13, 2012.

1. chickenmommy1

chickenmommy1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    The time came today to send the 2 month olds outside for the frist time.. I was very nervous about doing this but it had to be done since there are 20 new babies in the wings due next Friday. [​IMG]. Anyhow I had to take my teens as I call them now out and introduce them to the adults that are Silkies and around 1 to 2 years old now. The teens are Speckled Sussex, RIR, and a Cal. White. Anyway the Silkies were in the coop having lunch and I took the teens out to meet them in a box, I went to open the box and all of the teens jumped right out and went in the coop with the adults. I was a nervous wreck worrying what was going to happen to my youngins and never laughed so hard in my life. [​IMG] As I said the teens jumped right in the coop and they scared the adults to death to the point they were running from them and huddled in the farthest corner they could find to get away from the teens. It was to funny, I monitored things for about 1 hour to see what was going to happen[​IMG]. And then checked on them every hour to see how things were going. Everything has been going great all day, just did my last check of the evening to see how they were going to sleep and everyone is all huddled together settled down they way the are supposed to be [​IMG]YAY They are living together fine now and will hopefully remain that way.

2. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Yay! How exciting for you!

3. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Thats funny.....the adults running from the kids.....now that I think about it sometimes I want to run and hide from my kids too!

4. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    Oooh congrats! I just moved some 8 week olds into the big bird coop myself. The adults did something similar, but let the pullets in no problem! I love introductions, you get to see nature at work!

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX

:yuckyuck

But ain't it the truth!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by