Interesting Mix of "Songbirds" at the Bird Feeder! (Pics!)

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
I really love feeding the wild birds in the area. We have a real interesting mix around here.

But the last two days, we've gotten a few odd visitors...

Maybe you can help me identify them...

Exhibit A
slagathorfeeder.jpg

Exhibit B
barbiefeeder.jpg

Exhibit C
kittyfeeder.jpg

...and standing just outside the clearing observing all the action...Exhibit D
IMG_2525.jpg

I spent last year teaching the older chickens to stay off the porch. Our EE's don't get the picture yet. Time to put up the baby gate again!

Last edited:
LOL. It appears to be a set-up. I've seen that before: rogue operations of inter-species mingling designed to cause you to get your camera out while they sneak around back.
bun.gif

Those big birds are wild googlibutts. They were imported from Africa in an attempt to control the house sparrow problem, and their population in the US had exploded before our avian experts realized they had made a mistake; they had meant to import wild gugubums, which are the sparrow eating variety, while googlibutts are the variety that are much too intelligent to waste time chasing those flitty little sparrow things when there's perfectly good food sitting in the bird feeders.

Exhibit C is the ferocious dorkasfurr. They were imported from Russia in an attempt to sic them on the googlibutts before mainstream America had a chance to realize what a silly mistake the "experts" had made. Sadly, this plan backfired as well, and now there is a severe googlibutt and dorkasfurr population problem in most of the United States.

Exhibit D is the noble unguhoofy. The American government was having them sent from Belgium to Argentina in a secret mission to take over Canada . . . of course, I can't give specific details since it's all classified. Unfortunately someone messed up while trying to convert from the USA system to the metric system, and the unguhoofy all went widely off course to crash land on bluey's roof. It was all very frightening and terribly expensive for the taxpayers, but what can you do?

I hope this helped!

Back
Top Bottom