interesting return to health on Cornish X chick

blueskylen

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
WV
i had posted about a 4 week cornish x that was sitting with its feet out and I was sure that it would have a heart attack and die. it wouldn't walk, so I would put it up to the waterer and made it drink for a couple of days, but it would not eat, and just sat on its butt. i then just decided to let nature take its course, but did keep an eye on it and made sure it was near the waterer. as neither i or DH wanted to cull it. after a couple of days, i noticed it started to stand up and stagger backward to the feeder and then back near the waterer. well, at 6 weeks today, it is still a bit small, but is walking ( a bit staggery ) and muscling it's way into the feeder and waterer like all the rest.
Maybe it lost enough weight that its system went back to normal, i just don't know.

Quote:
You may be right that it needed to starve itself to lose that weight. Glad to hear that it's back!

I have a question about the jumbo cornish. I have 6, they are 3 weeks old. First time raising meaties. I have them in a brooder in the chicken coop with my other chickens. A couple of the chicks started sneezing. Today I noticed one had blood in it's poop and was sneezing more. Should I remove this chick? Is this normal? Please help

Back
Top Bottom