Internal lice?

Honestly I would try the ivermectin route. If she is already paralyzed she might not make it but ivermectin is just a good thing to have for the future. She might be too far gone. Give her some vitamins vitamin e I hear works sometimes for paralysis. I've had chickens that would become gimp like yours I would quartine them give the a bunch of stuff for then to get worse. I would have to cull or when they seemed to be making a turn for the better they just died. Sometimes it's easier to cull them and keeps them for experiencing anymore unessary discomfort. Part of owing poultry I guess.
This is her third time being inside due to an injury so I’d say she was too far gone yeah. I just went through with it, she hasn’t eaten or had anything to drink today due to blindness so I wanted to do it fast. She’s had leg issues since September and I thought I fixed it but it came back in October

In your other thread, you said that you used permethrin on her, yes? Has that helped? You can place a small dab of antibiotic ointment in her eyes, and that might help if the mites are getting in there. It sounds very much like she may have Mareks. It would be good to send her body in to the state vet for a necropsy and testing for Mareks if you do put her down. Sorry that she is doing poorly.

In your other thread, you said that you used permethrin on her, yes? Has that helped? You can place a small dab of antibiotic ointment in her eyes, and that might help if the mites are getting in there. It sounds very much like she may have Mareks. It would be good to send her body in to the state vet for a necropsy and testing for Mareks if you do put her down. Sorry that she is doing poorly.
I did, the bugs came out of her eyes and infested her head again. I did just put her down using carbon dioxide, she likely did have Mareks, I sent another chicken to the vet and they said she had a toe fracture and Mareks and Reaper would share a nesting box with her, I gave up on calling her Carol now that I don’t have to worry about bad luck with the name, see the other chickens name who died was Ghost. So I don’t trust those names now

I'm sorry to hear about Reaper:hugs

Have you treated your remaining flock with Permethrin? If not, then I recommend that you do. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time.
I did that yes, I might need to redo Garlic, she’s starting to walk backwards like something is grabbing her head but her and cayenne feathers are coming back. I didn’t treat up the neck and head because I didn’t want to risk getting it in their eyes so in a bit, maybe once it’s a bit warmer, I’ll redo it.

And thank you ❤️

I realize this chicken has been put down but I have a question about the picture in Post #1, perhaps @Wyorp Rock may be able to answer this for me. Do chickens have a third eyelid, a nictitating membrane, and if so is that what we're seeing in this pic? Thank you. OP, I'm sorry for the difficulties you had with this bird and I wish you better luck with your flock going forward.

I realize this chicken has been put down but I have a question about the picture in Post #1, perhaps @Wyorp Rock may be able to answer this for me. Do chickens have a third eyelid, a nictitating membrane, and if so is that what we're seeing in this pic? Thank you. OP, I'm sorry for the difficulties you had with this bird and I wish you better luck with your flock going forward.
I don't know. The photo is not clear for me:(

No that’s her actual eyelid, I do think they have a more eyelids though. It’s like when she was asleep they would go on her eyelids and build a scab over it so she can’t open them. I might have better pictures

Attachments

• 46D6C8F2-FE9F-4D87-AE24-13B6C8CE4D39.jpeg
    46D6C8F2-FE9F-4D87-AE24-13B6C8CE4D39.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 7
  • C67D4C76-B021-4529-B562-0A158285A093.jpeg
    C67D4C76-B021-4529-B562-0A158285A093.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 7
  • E4158DAD-513B-4E26-98C8-4FD6A3A16F92.jpeg
    E4158DAD-513B-4E26-98C8-4FD6A3A16F92.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom