internal pip at least 24 hours ago, no outward progress...

Oh yes! So sorry I forgot to update!!! So this morning he had made no more progress towards getting out so I wetted the I nermembrane so check the veins and they had all referred so I slowly chipped away at the shell and outer membrane giving him enough room to get free much easier. (This was my first time assisting a hatch and I waited to all the proper timelines and made sure everything was absolutely safe before I proceeded in steps) I set him back in the incubator and came back from my shower and he was halfway out! I then got ready and went to a doctor appointment, and came back to find him out of the egg but still sorta dragging the shell by his chord. The chord broke about an hour later but it started bleeding a bit so I "cupped" him (set him in a cup to let it finish closing so he wouldn't bang it around learning to walk) it has since stopped bleeding and he is starting to fluff and stand up and been take a few waddles that look like walking! Its all thanks to this amazing site and all the great people and information and resources that I was able to learn how to assist this guy and he has only improved since
smile.png
Awesome!
love.gif

I think one of my eggs is showing an internal pip at day 17.5
Is that normal?
I have increased the humidity incase it pips but will that harm the other eggs? Especially those with a smaller air cell?

Back
Top Bottom