Internally pipped..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momofchicks, Jun 14, 2009.

1. momofchicks

momofchicks Songster

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    [​IMG] I am so impatient. We are on day 20 and I just had to look. So I picked 1 egg that I had seen movement on before and it was internally pipped. Which I had never seen before and was hoping I would see. (that is amazing) [​IMG] [​IMG] I am getting so excited now. I know, I can't count my chickens before they hatch but by golly it's pretty close!! [​IMG] I'm still praying that nothing goes wrong from here on out.

2. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    What do you mean by internally pipped? I've never heard that phrase before?

3. momofchicks

momofchicks Songster

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    I read it on here. There is an air pocket in the egg and the chic has to break through that first then they make their way to the egg, for the real pipping.

4. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    Yeah, I knew that, but didn't know it was called that. WOW!! Do you mean you could SEE that??

5. momofchicks

momofchicks Songster

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    yes, I had read it and said I wanted to see what that looked like and today is day 20, so I went and got an egg I knew I had seen movement in before. I picked it up very easily, not spinning it at all. Went to a very dark room and candeled it. Looking carefully at the air sac area, I could see the head (I guess) moving around in there. Moving in the once empty area that is.[​IMG]

6. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Wow, I didn't know you could see that either. By this point I can't see anything in the eggs they are so dark.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: