International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Have you noticed any correlation of ear tuft colour in roo to offsprings egg colour?

they are not related .
the ears tuft color is governed by the Autosome body color genes ,the egg color on the other hand is more complex than that .
All black /white marans chooks lay dark eggs as well ,and they don t have a coppery ears tuft .

there is not physical indication to how the egg is going to be .

chooks man

they are not related .
the ears tuft color is governed by the Autosome body color genes ,the egg color on the other hand is more complex than that .
All black /white marans chooks lay dark eggs as well ,and they don t have a coppery ears tuft .

there is not physical indication to how the egg is going to be .

chooks man
@Chooks man
Which variety of Marans lays the darkest eggs on your farm?

@Chooks man
Which variety of Marans lays the darkest eggs on your farm?

from the oldest hens I ll say Cheetah my silver cuckoo marans at her best wen young #7 at 70 g where the best thing I had .
Bella BLCM
Sari Splash/dominant white
Norway BCM
Zibra Salmon

but this year pullets are far superior than they Dam s .
the Blue/ black silver cuckoo from Bella are at the top for the time been ,than Norway daughters BC.

chooks man

I guess I will have to give them Thanksgiving names, 14 so far.... some still in the incubator. Kfelton0002 has been helping, poor woman! I have been driving her crazy all day.
View attachment 1192840

Babies!!! :love Congratulations!! :wee

You have not drove me crazy. I am always here to help and support you. First hatches are stressful, I know. I could hatch eggs in my sleep now but I remember my very first hatch in an incubator. It was an old beat up second hand styrofoam incubator with a manual wafer thermostat. I experienced multiple temp spikes of 102 degrees or more and had a heck of a time keeping the temp stable. I set 10 eggs and only two hatched. In hindsight, I realize I was lucky I got two to hatch in that old incubator. lol But that hatch got me hooked and I've been hatching ever since. Only I have come a long way from that old wafer incubator. :lol:

They look a lot like LP chicks! What you have there is pure gold. :love

Here is a pic of some of LP's chicks.

LP chicks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom