International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1d2dc94c-7361-4873-a524-43b9c30c7212-jpeg.1595410

@Bl Copper Maran

let continue with Rudy . from this photo I can see his head /comb and eyes

Head correct and gorgeous.
comb correct size and shape .nice texture . correct point well placed and shaped . the lobe { back of the comb} is well lifted .the front of the comb is well neat .free from any twist or extra thin points .
Ears lobe .nice size and color ,red like the rest of his face .
Ears tufts .nice coppery color .correct .
wattles . a little bigger ,correct color and texture but they are folded around the beak area . I m just picky BECAUSE he is correct almost in all the area .so I have to find the little thing .
chest nice black .well deep and held high from the ground . no sign of goofiness .

this rooster is almost perfect .need to wait tell his hackle feathers are regrown again .to see what type of copper he has .

he ll score more than 95 points if showing , hard to beat

what it his history please .my hat to the breeder.

chooks man

98333858-5276-4ff3-a805-6b06bef26ead-jpeg.1595403

@Bl Copper Maran

cockerel 2.
great body type .long . he is been corner so he is not standing up right proud .

great copper color and marking .rich uniform red copper . better than Rudy in this area .
back ,nice flat and long.
tail look a little longer in this photo .
his feet are well colored and feathered .
his shoulder need more copper .should be one uniform red Mahogany color like Rudy

chooks man

b3103d01-9fd4-45df-9712-129376c04f11-jpeg.1595402

@Bl Copper Maran

his head is correct and gorgeous too .
comb correct .exact point ,nice shape not arched . nice form not bent nice texture . the lobe is well define and lifted could be tidy at the top end .
Ears lobe ,good red color .nice shape not too big .
Ears tuft , need more copper color .he is young .
Wattles .nice size ,nice texture ,good shape round . free from any fold or split
Eyes Correct color .

hackle gorgeous rich copper uniform . enough flames at the bottom . not too gross .

Good rooster too
need photo of him standing up right like Rudy

chooks man

69b33e6b-c9bd-4342-9bb4-2c0dec49f5b3-jpeg.1595426

@Bl Copper Maran

what a lovely hen .
Impressed by her size and mass . love her long flat back and tail angle .

what thing I really like about your hens .they are short on they feet .old french strain .

she just need a little hackle marking ,but she is old .

what her relation to Rudy and the young cockerel?

chooks man

787c353d-591c-401b-9ef4-e1ba6f23923c-jpeg.1595436

@Bl Copper Maran

this pullet has no apparent fault .
every thing on her is exactly in the right place.
Elegance
body type
body marking
tail angle
long back
feathered short feet
great head
great black plumage free from any parasitic white or fluff

Wow Wow. great pullets. I ll name her Shazia if she is not named yet .

keep her and her sisters safe .those are high quality chooks and breed her well .

chooks man

1cd996b0-d75b-4ac7-a335-126563985e58-jpeg.1595429

@Bl Copper Maran

all the 4 pullets are stunning . great body type and hackle marking .

you should start showing .you ll be hard to beat for sure .

your chooks are ready to be bred as line not as a flock . they have so many qualities need to be bred true and fixed .

here a model of how you line breed those chooks.
Pen1 = Rudy X the pullets when they are 10 months old . hatched around 20/25 chicks from them . Select the best cockerel and the best pullets from this hatch. Rudy Line { RL}

Pen 2 = Young cockerel { I ll name him } Day Walker X Hens = hatched and select the best cockerel and pullets . Day Walker Line { DWL }

year 2 =
Pen 1 RL= Rudy will be out only the hens are kept and mated to they best son .

Pen 2 = the best Pullets from RL matted to the best cockerel from DWL. this new line will be RL/DWL.

Pen 3 DWL = Day Walker X his best daughters . and repeat the process as many time as you wish .
like this you end up with 2 pure line and 1 out crossed line .

always select the best one to breed from .

chooks man

@Chooks man
Thank you. I will get more pics today, hopefully it’s not raining. The relation of this hen:
750BC3C0-12AF-4E6B-B4D9-7A150D657FF1.jpeg

Rudy and Day Walker (I like that) are not related to her at all. None of our big hens are. Most of the chicks Rudy sired.
Rudy is from a place in Washington called Willow Ridge Farm. You can look them up on Facebook and they have some pics of their Marans.

On the pullet Shazia (I adore that name)
I’m so glad you like her. She stands out from the rest of them, I love her size. Such a proud bird.

Back
Top Bottom